Sunday 30 March 2014

Life@HPS



We come to know about the term 'celebrities' after certain age because we don't often see them when we are too young.But my case was totally different.Studying in The Hyderabad Public School makes you aware of them from the very first standard.The guy sitting beside you might be son of a south superstar or the girl with whom your paired for singing might be daughter of Indian cricket team player.For every sports day or annual day we happen to see great personalities most of them who are our alumni.Yes, from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to Cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle ,many great celebrities have grown up from this place.This made me think more rational to my future.I've decided to do something which makes me stand apart from crowd.Initially writing stories became my passion and after joining in college i started making Short Films. Extra curricular activities were always given more importance than academics in HPS.This is the reason why most of the alumni are LEADERS in their profession.This is again proved by Satya Nadella who is now CEO of Microsoft.Below is a intro video of HPS.Sorry for the quality.. it was made by my seniors 8 years ago !



When people talk about their schools, many words are used to describe it. Journey, experience, memories. I have just one word to describe my alma mater. Life. Because that is where I learnt to live.11 years is not a short time( i did +1 in my school before i left for IIT coaching), especially when those 11 years are considered the most formative ones in a student’s life. Fortunately for me, I spent eleven of those years in The Hyderabad Public School Begumpet, my school, my life.I still remember each and every thing about school just as if I’ve been there only yesterday, although it’s been almost 5 years now since I’ve left it. The beautiful campus, the jungle, the huge playgrounds(yeah really very huge ), the corridors, the classrooms, the park, the school bus trips. Lots of memories come rushing at me all at once. Wow!! There’s such an amazing lot that my school given me.Wherever I am today, whatever I am, my school has helped me get here, be it the support of my amazing teachers, or the simply terrific friends that I’ve made in school. A part of me will always lie in the school, maybe in the corridors gossiping with my friends; in the classrooms, trying to pay attention to boring classes; in the assembly ground, singing the prayer song, still helplessly out-of-tune;trying to eat more than my friends in dinning hall during lunch breaks, in the playground, trying to shirk away from doing any physical exercise; maybe in the staff rooms and princi’s room where I’ve spent a few not-too-good moments; the Rock-Gardens, where we’ve spent so many free periods; the library, the shrine that made me the book-lover I am. These are just a few memories of the amazing life that I have lived in H.P.S, where I learnt so many things, the good way and the hard way. Where I met the angels I call friends.I am what i am today due to HPS which taught me passion is more important.
Now I know what Bryan Adams was talking about when he sang “ those were the best days of my life”.
Watch this awesome video made  my senior by Tharun Bhaskcer who is now turning out to be another celebrity :-)



Comments
0 Comments
Facebook Comments by Blogger Widgets

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Social Icons

Featured Posts